ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:00:12 -0700
Thanks for all your prayers.  Being home today is very nice but I have a
long ways too go yet with lots of antibiotics and steroids for the
pneumonia.  In the last four days, I have slept maybe 10 hours.  My ears
feel like I have balloons in them but the wheezing in my lungs from the
pneumonia literally was so loud when I would breath out, it was keeping me
awake.  It was very strange noises, too.  Sometimes it sounded like a
musical band playing inside my chest and translating up into my throat and
into my ears.  The first night it kept me awake all night. literally all
night, I finally called a nurse to come at 2:30 in the morning to listen to
my lungs.  After listening to it I said, Are you hearing the same thing I am
hearing in my lungs.  She said yes and that everybody with this flue and
with pneumonia had it.  That noise has reduced by about 90 percent now,
thank the Lord, and I am able to sleep for a few hours at a time without it
awakening me.  I have a great deal of back pain because no matter how hard I
tried adjusting that bed, I could never find a spot and often spent many
hours sitting up or getting out of bed to sit in a recliner.  I last several
days in time and although I knew all that was going on, it was like living
in a daze with everything but a small part of your mind shut down.  Even
writing this message has so many mistakes I have had to go back and fix, it
must be my mind is still so tired, it is still partly shut down.  I fell at
the house before going to the hospital and received very painful injuries
but I never relies I had them until I was at the hospital.  John Ireland,
Vicki's husband, came and picked me up today and brought me home and ran
some other prescriptions to the store for me.  John, and many others, were a
big help to me and to Sandy this week.  I was laying in bed the other night
thinking how my experience seemed to be bringing a group of people together
but I will explain more about that later.  Thank you all very much for
praying for me because I had not been that ill since I was a teenager and it
was a very scary experience for an old guy like me.

Phil.