BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 22:54:27 -0400
So, the owner was Queen Ann and she was bent double and hung?????  Or am I
over tired?  Ruth

At 8:17 AM -0500 3/7/10, JIM HICKS wrote:
A little O/T but related.
I was asked to price a window restoration in E. Hampton by the owner (I
think Queen Ann - 36 over 1 bent double hung sash). There was
renovation/restoration work going on and a contractor in charge but the
owner was asking for the price.
I put together a scope of work describing the procedure and materials and
sent it off. The client showed it to her contractor and his comment was
that the materials (gaskets top, middle and bottom) were 'old fashioned'
and that metal w/s should be used instead - which if anyone knows anything,
knows it is just the opposite.
But he is known and I'm unknown - he's there and I'm here - she needs him
to finish the job and doesn't need me necessarily - and, of course, she
doesn't know anything except it's a lot of money to restore the window in
comparison to the rest of the job (lots of Latinos - not that there is
anything wrong with that).
Still don't know if I have the job or not interesting dilemma.
--
Jim Hicks
Quality Restoration Works, LLC

--