From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 2010 14:36:25 -0500
I may be on the net for part of the time.  First and last weekends of March
will be problems, due to the ARRL phone DX contest and the WPX SSB contest,
respectively.  These tests don't end until 0000Z.

I worked my brother in San Diego on 10 meter SSB and FM on Friday.  I'm
pretty sure it was one-hop F2; there were lots of California beacons coming
through.  Also worked an EA6 on 12 meters on my triband beam which shouldn't
work well there.  So skip may be a bit shorter today.  The contesters are
working RTTY this weekend.

According to
  http://prop.hf-radio.org
the solar flux was 94 yesterday.  We are definitely into solar cycle 24 now,
and it could rise rapidly.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls