From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 2009 08:23:21 -0500
Jed,

I'm not sure it is a fair comparison between the  IC-756 and the TS-2000.
While I've never used one, I think the Icom is in a  different class, both
in performance and price.    I've had my 2000 over 8 years and love it.  I
put accessibility at the top of the list of my priorities.    if I were
buying today, I would probably go with a TS-480,  partly for the
accessibility, and partly since I've discovered I have little interest in
UHF/VHF or satellites.

Having said that, I may be in the market for a new HF rig next spring or
summer.  I follow with interest the reports of folks on this list who are
using  the Elecraft K3, Yaesu 950, and various Icoms like the 746 and 7000.
Also awaiting the debut of the new Kenwood at Dayton next May.

73, good luck, Steve KW3A