From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 2010 19:21:21 -0400
Hello everyone.

I think every one, especially hams should read this week's lead article in
the Handiham World Weekly news letter.  It speaks of a bygone era when
manners were respected, and when kids were sent to the principal's office
for even thinking about saying bad words even marginal ones as compared to
now when the worst kind of foul language is going out over the air on ham
bands and being spoken by hams themselves.

One thing the article didn't point out is that those hams of my generation
wouldn't even have considered speaking bad language on the air because if
they did, they would at least be heavily fined, or at most not be hams very
long.  That is before the FCC decided it was beneath its authority to
regulate amateur radio as it should be regulated.

Maybe I shouldn't say this, but if you can't find this news letter on the
Handiham website, or if you didn't receive it, call this My Telespace box to
listen to it.

1-575-802-8142 and select option three.

Thanks, Ray for putting it up.  That's what enabled me to read it because I
accidentally deleted my copy before I got a chance to listen to it.
Harvey