From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 2009 23:48:18 -0500
Phil,

I did buy the  ALS1300 and it does come with a very well built 12 pound
switching power supply.  The power supply is wired for a 220 volt line but
Ameritron says you can run it on 110.  The supply is very clean and I
haven't found a birdy coming out of it yet.  I paid $2395 for the amp and
supply and I am very happy with its performance.  20 wats drive gives me
over 500 watts out.  40 watts drive gives me over 1000 watts out.  The
supply draws so much startup current that it uses a step start circuit which
starts each half of the supply at different times.  I did not buy the auto
band switching module as I use an external tuner and I don't mind twisting
knobs.

Bob Tinney, K8LR, [log in to unmask]
Skype, bobtinn
Life is full of challenges, that's what makes it interesting!