ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2011 20:20:07 -0600
Hi Everyone,

I'm just writing to ask you to please pray, as I'm having another
Mamogram on Monday.

In January I had a Mamogram, and something wasn't right, and they
found a nodgel on my left breast. I forgot how large it is, but they
want to take some additional pictures through Mamography, and then if
necessary, they will do an UltraSound. This will happen on Monday
morning, February 21st.

It was suppose to happen last Monday, but they failled to tell me
that they needed results from my previous Mamograms in 2005 and 2007.
We drove all the way to Brookings to find that they couldn't do the
tests. I spoke with my doctor's nurse, and she told me no one told
her that they needed the films from the previous Mamograms. This
morning, I spoke with a supervisor in scheduling, at the hospital,
and she told me that it is standard protocall for any doctor's nurse
to ask for previous test results in a situation like this.

I had this first Mamogram done on the 19th of January, and it was at
a Mobile unit here in town  from Avera Hospital in Mitchell. It took
them three weeks to get the results back from the Mamogram. When I
got a letter last Tuesday, it mentioned that I need additional tests,
and that I need to speak with my doctor. I tried three times to call
him, and no one ever returned my call. Finally, I had my PA Jil,
her  nurse call his office, and his nurse, Mandy called me back. She
told me that he wanted to talk to me. Finally, he called me, and he
hadn't even looked at the letter from the Radiologist in Mitchell. He
read it while I was on the phone with him. He said we needed to
schedule an UltraSound, but he never told me they would be doing
another Mamogram. I was shocked when I found that out on the 14th of February.

I'm going to talk to my doctor, and ask him to plan on talking to me
after the tests and I hope and pray that he will give me the results
that day, as they will be available to him right after the tests are done.

Needless to say, I'm changing doctor's as soon as the new OBGYN comes
to this hospital in May.

I'm believing that nothing is wrong and that they will not find
anything at all. God is the healer.

Please pray that the hospital is efficient, and that I get to talk to
my doctor before I leave Brookings.

Thanks so much for praying.

Love and Blessings,

Pat Ferguson