From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 2009 08:44:09 -0700
Hi, all.

Well, last week-end, I took a trip over to our friendly HRO in Denver, and
picked up one of those rigrunners made by West Mountain Radio.

Suffice it to say, it is a really slick device that should hopefully clean
up the wiring situation in my very small ham shack here at the new home qth.

I do have a question, though, that I thought someone with a rig runner might
be able to answer.

The rigrunner has ten Anderson Power Pole connections.  They are a 40-amp DC
input, followed by various DC amperage level connections, ranging from 25
amps down to 1 amp.

On the left-hand side of the rigrunner is a three position switch.  The
first position is "off", the second position is "auto", and the third
position is "manual".

If the rigrunner switch is in the "off position, the only thing that gets
powered on when turning on the main  power supply is the radio in the first
25-amp slot.  They call that the master slot.  When I switch to either auto
or manual, everything else connected to the rigrunner gets powered on.

So, I guess I'm not understanding the difference between the auto and manual
switch settings.

The instruction manual isn't that clear on this either.

I'm still working on connections for a number of my station accessories
today, so it may become clearer as I put more things in line, but right now,
I'm still a bit stimied.

Can anyone help explain the difference between the auto and manual settings?

Thanks, and 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ