From:
Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 2009 15:33:29 -0700
No; there were too many protests from smaller stations and from networks
other than NBC (Red or Blue -- Blue became ABC in 1944) because most, if
not all, of the high-powered (above 50 KW) stations were NBC affiliates
and people wondered why network stations needed to be powerhouses. Also,
there were allegations (later proven to be true) that WLW in particular
managed the news, being somewhat anti-Semitic and anti-Roosevelt. It was
a volatile time.

Mike