From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 19:36:53 -0500
Jim,
I used a G5RV in two locations.  At the first, the antenna was set up
in an inverted V format; center was about 45 feet, off the side of my
tower, and the ends down to about ten feet off the ground.  The
antenna worked great on forty and was decent on the other bands.  I
really had a good time with it.
At the next location, it was meant to be temporary and was perhaps
ten feet above ground at the center, higher at the ends.  It worked
but wasn't any kind of an outstanding performer!!
We moved a year or so ago and I have plans to put up a Carolina
Windom.  I used the Windom at Field Day a number of years ago, on
forty, and was really pleased with the result.  So hopefully, when my
promised help finally materializes, I will give the Windom a good shakeout.
What antenna is used at TSE?  I ran the station one Saturday
afternoon but the bands were so awful I couldn't really judge how
well the antenna worked.  I did work someone on twenty from one of
the Dakotas, something I can't do here from near Chicago!!
Hope this helps.