From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:00:31 -0400
pull the cover off, all the workings will be obvious. sometimes that roller
inductor, the oil or grease or what ever they put on it gets hard and can
cause that, clean it with what ever you want and some people don't bother
putting anything else on there, I have some very light oil around here I put
on mine, fixed that right up.
For the dummy load, if you're set to use the tuner on antenna port 1, you
turn it one click counter clockwise and that's the dummy load, but, the
dummy load in that is rated very low. I think it's only rated at 300 watts
for about 3 seconds or something ridiculous like that, certainly not for
tuning an amp in to. It might be only rated for 100 watts, I use it for
adjusting audio settings and stuff, or if I'm running my TS-830 I tune the
radio in to it but an amp will kill it, I know someone who tried.