BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 2010 20:12:00 -0500
Larry Simpson wrote:
> The supreme court has already ruled that corporations have the right to free speech, will they next have the right to bear arms and raise a militia?

L2,
I think the corporations already have militias and they use them all
over the world. 2/3 of the personnel serving in Iraq/Afghanistan are not
US military, but employees of Halliburton and its subcontractors,  for
instance. Also, look at the forces used by Shell Oil in the delta in
Nigeria. They are mercenaries. I have a big list of companies offering
"large scale private security" services. These companies' personnel are
often better equipped, and are certainly paid more than their US
Military counterparts. Conflict is very profitable.

And they certainly have a right to do this- it's part of our capitalist
system. They don't have to go to the Supreme Court to get that. This
last opinion was just the capstone to their achievements over the last
40 years. Eisenhower nailed it when he talked about being wary of the
military industrial complex in the 50's.
~deb