From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 2010 21:19:08 -0700
that's good operating practice, and certainly an ethical thing to do.
however, just remember, there is no such thing as an "alocated" or
"designated" frequency within the amateur radio bands.
every frequency of every band you are licensed to operate on is open and
free to use by any who are licensed to use it.
No one can control a frequency for any reason and prevent others from using
it, except in the case of a recognized and legitimate emergency situation.
to have a club attempt to control a specific 20 meter band frequency, and
try to prevent others from using it is unethical, poor operating practice
and technically against the communications regulations.
especially if the operator does not seace and desist from interphereing with
a net in progress, or another operator or group of operators attempting to
use the frequency.
One  can suggest that operators move their frequency to help limit their
impact on a net in progress or limit their complicating a recognized club
used frequency, but no one can insist that you do so.

So I guess that operator was trying his best to live up to his club's name,
Idiots on the air...

73
Colin, V A6BKX