From:
"John J. Jacques" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:05:24 -0700
HI Danny, I have experemented with Lunix using a version of Ubuntu called
Vinux wich has been created by a blind guy in the UK.  The screenreader
for Linux is called Orca and it is useable, but that is all!  The speech
engine that it uses is called E-Speak and the voices are horrible!  GRIN!
 You can download the live CD and run it from the CD without installing
or you can install it and you have speech throughout the process.  There
is supposedly a speech symph for linux that sounds as good as Eliquents
but I haven't heard it yet.  It isn't free, but doesn't cost much, about
$5 I think!

HTH and 73:
J.
John Jacques