From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:26:36 -0400
The only phone we have here is our cell phones because I'm the one home most
and I got sick of taking the rest of the family's calls but I get 3, maybe 4
calls a month, and about as many texts so I don't need a major plan. I get a
little more in the summer but not much. I used to carry an HT with me
everywhere I went too but now, sometimes I stick one in my pocket, not
always. I probably bring the 900 MHz Motorola radio more than anything, no
hiding that one though. My THF6A when it worked perfect was well traveled
around New England and my T90A is also but I just don't have the interest in
2 meters anymore for obvious reasons so I may even only bring one HT on
vacation this year instead of 2. I'd like to have a battery operated QRP HF
radio then too but I'd very seriously doubt I could afford one by then. Not
much 900 MHz coverage where I'm going but I'll probably have one in the
mobile.