Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 2010 09:49:55 -0400
7bit
Sender:
From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
I'll agree with John, the fan runs a lot and at first is a bit unsettling
since you are wondering if something is wrong.    It pulls the air in from
the row of vents  on the front  edge of the bottom cover, just behind the
front panel, so keep it clear to allow good air flow.  That fan is the only
way out for the hot air, even on rx, so it runs a lot.

When looking at the rear of the rig,  the amp connection is the one all the
way to the right of the 3 din jacks.   If this is a new rig,  they will all
have  plastic plugs over them.  Grab the little handle and pull straight
out.  Be sure you turn menu 28 A on  to key the amp, default is off  and the
amp won't key.

If you haven't gotten them already,  download the Quick Start Guide and the
Key Chart from www.icanworkthisthing.com  Very useful, and a great job done
by a couple of guys from this list.   I still reference the key chart  after
almost 9 years.  There is also a free memory and menu control program from
Kenwood which allows you to save settings.

I'll agree with Colin yesterday, I have also played around with HRD, but
find no real use for it as the radio is so  usable on it's own.

73, Steve KW3A