From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2012 16:17:25 +0100

This study is contradicted by a study by Oste which showed that meat heated for 10 minutes at 130 °C (266 °F), showed a 1.5% decrease in protein digestibility:-

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1897402

Also this study   showed that similiar  heating of hake meat in the presence of potato starch, soy oil, and salt caused a 6% decrease in amino acid content:-

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/food.19870311007/abstract;jsessionid=719052EF9391938EDDE2B21F6BFC8856.d03t04

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/food.19870311007/abstract

The above are referred to on the anti-raw beyondveg.com of all places, which shows a refreshing scientific honesty.

Also, whether people gain weight or not does not necessarily mean that they are digesting particular foods better. I , for example, gain weight rather rapidly(with a potbelly etc.) if I  eat  small amounts of cooked animal foods on a regular basis and my stools are then much larger than when I'm 100% raw, suggesting poorer absorption of food. By contrast, eating cooked plant foods or raw foods in general does not lead to me so quickly gaining weight.

Geoff