From:
Lisa Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisa Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2009 19:57:58 -0400

I had much helpful advise.  Thank you so much for your support!

Bloating:

I got several votes for probiotics.  I went out and bought some yesterday and
will crush the pill in his drink tomorrow.  I also reviewed intolerance to fructose
and believe he still has it.  One thing he should not eat is whole grain brown
rice - that is about 99% of his diet right now.  I went out and bought regular
white rice pasta and will start tomorrow.  My son only at brown rice organic
trader joe pasta today (he is teething is 2 yr molars and is in pain). His
stomach expanded all day today.  So this may be an issue. I am also looking
for good alternatives to Pamela's - if someone has a suggestion!

Recommendations:
1.  no one should be eating any Pamela's mixes that is having stomach
bloating or any other health issues.  I suggest that you omit all grains & just
cook & serve whole foods.  No manufactured products - at this time...
2.   Some celiac patients cannot tolerate any milk products, nor can they
tolerate guar gum or Xanthan gum - both of which may be used in Pamelas or
other packaged Gluten-free foods
3.  Bloating is usually (not always) caused by the fermentation action of
bacteria. We need good bacteria to break down our food, but bad bacteria
can cause all sorts of other problems. Our GI is very big on all celiacs taking
probiotics to promote healing and a healthy gut.
4.  intolerance to fructose
5.  Bloating is very characteristic of dairy
6.  People bloated until their villa healed.

No one had any advise for the scarring of the liver.  I am happy that no one is
experiencing what I am, but wish I had someone to talk to about it!  One adult
said they are experiencing the increased liver function tests and swelling that
has not gone down on the gluten free diet.  This person is also scheduled for
a biopsy to figure out what is happening!

Again, thank you so much for your help or support.
Lisa Singer

*******
*******