From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 2010 21:34:34 +0000
The thing is I don't believe we need 24 hours exposure to sunlight in order to get enough vitamin D, let alone full-body exposure. And palaeos certainly get enough vitamin D in their diets. I mean, I, for example, eat c.20 extra-large raw wildcaught oysters, rich in vitamin D, almost every fortnight. As for sunblock, that's only used in the summer, and not everyone uses it, mostly it's just women who do.

All I can say is that I spent several years on processed supplements such as vitamin D etc. prior to investigating palaeo-style diets, and they were absolutely useless. All I got was more frequent urination and darker-coloured urine, and that was about it.

Geoff

Got a cool Hotmail story? Tell us now
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/