Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2011 08:04:54 -0400
Early results of the use of Tennant's advice on the importance of iodine
for digestion appear to show that I might have avoided too many years of
wretched illness (deficiency disease) if I had supplemented with the
right kind of iodine.
Not all iodine is equal; I'm using Magnascent from magnascent.com by
dropping up to 7 drops on the hairless part of a forearm.

The experiment was to eat cooked meat, first a large fat porterhouse
beef steak slow-cooked (3 hours) to medium rare, then 1½ lb.
grass-finished ground beef cooked about the same.

For that last 16 years such a meal always put me to sleep (maybe more
like a coma) in about an hour, and there was nothing I could do about it
until now. Far more energy the day after; I can test because this is the
time of the annual 10 cords of firewood stacking. Blood sweat and back
ache (until stopped eating tomato).

This is probably not idiosyncratic, as iodine deficiency is common.
Note:For the past few months I've also supplemented with potassium
gluconate powder and magnesium glycinate/Albion process. Effect on
digestion not known.

"...if you don't have enough stomach acid, whole or partially digested
proteins reach the small intestine and are absorbed. The body recognizes
these as foreign since it didn't make them. thus you become allergic to
the foods you normally eat! Now about 20-40 minutes after each meal,
your body thinks it is being attacked by a foreign protein and attacks
it. Thus it is like having a mini case of the flu after each meal! This
is why so many people feel sleepy soon after they eat. They say "I ate
too much and it made me sleepy". The reality is that their body is
attacking the proteins they just ate.
{note: Kouchakoff on leukocytosis  -William}

The reason for this allergy is lack of stomach acid. So why don't you
have enough stomach acid? [b]Making stomach acid requires iodine, zinc,
vitamin B1, water, salt, and carbon dioxide.[/b] Americans that don't
eat sea weed regularly are deficient in iodine. The amount of iodine in
table salt is about 1/1000 of what you need, there is no iodine in sea
salt, and our soils are devoid of iodine. About 80% of the population is
deficient in zinc. Thus most people have allergies because they can't
make stomach acid!"
 From p.266 Healing is Voltage - The Handbook

William