From:
David Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2011 14:19:40 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Paleolithic Eating Support List [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Katie Meyer
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 1:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Bulk] Re: two bad days
Why do we revert back to what makes us feel so awful??? I do know that
falling off the wagon gives me more appreciation for Paleo. We're truly
fortunate that we've found this WOE.

Katie

The whys are very easy. The high sugar foods give you some kind of high.
Maybe you are getting something out of any guilt you feel.  There are
probably some gut bacteria that are getting fed and giving you some kind of
feedback loop.
What helped me was eating the stuff as a meditation.  I ate the sugar and
watched and felt how my body reacted. I felt the sensations of the rush in
my spine.  I watched how guilt came up.  I also paid attention to how I felt
the next day. I watched the cravings and realized that for me, there were
other factors involved.  It reminded my about the cat parasite Toxoplasma
gondii. That parasite can only reproduce in cat guts so it rewires mice's
brains to be attracted to cats.  Maybe we have stuff in our gut that is
doing the same.  The question than becomes... Who is craving this food.