From:
Trish Leon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2011 01:07:53 +0000
Hi David:

I have a hard time finding good sources of fat. I live in a small community that doesn't have good food sources other than chain-grocery store (one in our area). Maybe I should try just pemmican for a while?

I take three, 850 mg tablets of glucophage plus one 4 mg tablet of glimiperide each day. I am supposed to also take two, ten mcg shots of byetta (not an insulin) each day, but it causes nasty gastro side effects. My blood glucose is high lately (440 a week ago), and of course I have read that high protein is turned into glucose just the same as other carbs.

I need to find a good fat source, and was thinking about coconut oil, and trying pemmican?

David Harrison said:

You might want to look at your macronutrient ratios.  Decreasing protein and

increasing fat helped a friend of mine get off of glimepiride(diabetes

pill). He was taking shots before he basically went paleo than went to the

pills.

One possibility...  Could the potassium levels be a side effect of your

diabetes medicine since you are mostly paleo?

Trish