From:
Nicole Markee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:49:05 -0500
On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:45 PM, David Harrison <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> You are correct. I didn't know that Pennington was mentioned in "Good
> Calories , Bad Calories."  Anchell is restrictive in the types of carbs.

The allowed carbs are:  yam, rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, grapes,
watermelon, grapefruit, banana, pears, raspberries and blue berries.  Only
one choice and only a "moderate portion."  They do seem pretty arbitrary,
but thousands of people have lost weight on the diet, after all.

> He
> doesn't have a very good explanation of why those carbs work.  He is going
> on clinical experience that they do work. My experience agrees with what he
> writes.

I think he says something about pyruvate.  It didn't really fit with
anything else I know about nutrition, but that doesn't mean it's wrong.  It
just didn't make sense to me.