From:
Michael Horlick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:34:12 -0500
Greetings,

I'm interested in tasting pemmican but am unable to make it at home (My wife
keeps kosher and I think the cost to make it would be pretty high if I used
Kosher meat). I live in Canada.

I found 3 suppliers on the Internet:

Canawa Pemmican
US Wellness Meats
Tanka

Canawa sells a 350 gram package for $20CDN each plus $15 flat rate delivery.
Pretty expensive to try.
US Wellness Meats doesn't ship to Canada right now and it seems they have a
7 pound minimum.
Tanka makes their Tanka bar but it says it's a low fat product so I'm
wondering how close it is to "real" pemmican. If all else fails I may order
a box from them.

I know some people on the list have tried the US Wellness bars. Anyone try
Canawa or Tanka? Your opinion?

I was wondering if anyone knows of another supplier/option or maybe some one
on the list would be interested in selling me a few bars. If you wish, you
can contact me off-list at mhorlick at videotron dot ca

Thanks,
Mike