From:
Mike Horlick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 2009 13:27:09 -0400
Hi,

I just finished reading "The Paleo Diet" by Loren Cordain and started to look on
the web for a discussion or news group that discussed this diet.

I started having an interest in this diet since I developed osteoarthritis
recently and came upon the subject of paleolithic eating. It seems to make
pretty good sense to me.

I haven't checked too far back in your archives but it seems that zero-carbs
seems to be very popular. Regarding the last post on cooking oils no one
suggested canola oil which seems to be highly endorsed by Loren Cordain who
also discourages the consumption of saturated animal fat.

One of the things I wanted to ask a question on was regarding what you
thought of flax bread. I refer you to
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/breads/r/flaxbasicfoc.htm

I have been making this recently, contains no grains and I use mostly Omega
3 eggs and canola oil.

I know in Cordain's book he looks down on breads/cakes using nut or root
flours but I would like to get your opinion on whether this recipe fits into the
paleo-diet.

Thanks,

Mike