From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2008 12:16:56 -0600
From: "Judee" <[log in to unmask]>

> Why does he recommend giving the yolk with the folate, vitamin A, B12,
> carotenes, etc.. to the dog?.
>

> Probably having to do with arachidonic acid content. He and Barry Sears
> have this in common.  Olivahttp://www.opinions3.com/arachidonic_acid.htm

I agree.  The yolks are high in acid, and Cordain has probably become aware
that cancer loves an acidic environment.  This is especially true for people
who are eating quite a bit of meat. At least that is the only explanation
that I can think of as to why Cordain would exclude yokes.  But, as has been
stated here, the yolks have a lot of essential nutrients and eating egg
whites alone would not be healthy over time.

Having had cancer nine years ago I try to be careful about eating too many
acidic foods.  I generally eat two organic eggs daily and get around the
high acid problem by eating the egg whites and only about a third of the
yolks.

Kath