Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 22:57:43 -0700
Hi Tom-

For me, too much of anything is not healthy.  I have found over the years
that nutritional supplements are not for my body.  If one eats a healthy and
balanced diet, frequently goes outdoors in the sunshine, the body will
absorb all the nutrients it needs.  Of course, this is not a popular idea
these days.  While I agree that science tries to make advances in health,
etc., I have to also remember that it is still in its infancy.  Only a few
hundred years ago everyone was positive the earth was flat!  Anyway, I don't
want to go off on a wild tangent.  Whenever I take any sort of vitamin,
multivitamin, supplement, I get sick.  Not sick to my stomach, but my head
aches, I feel generally run down and very low energy.

I agree that some supplements for some people are alright sometimes.  I
would rather get the vitamins, minerals and such from good food sources
rather than a capsule.  Also, I have never given my daughter a vitamin
supplement, either.

When she was about 5 years old, however, due to seasonal allergies, she had
constant nose bleeds.  Her doctor put her on iron because she was anemic.
After one day of taking the iron, she got sick and very "clogged".  I
stopped the iron supplement, and cooked all her food in cast iron.  When we
went back for her blood test, the doctor was very amazed at how good her
iron was.  After that, I threw away all my other cookware and only use cast
iron.  I have been using it for 15 years now.  We have never had any iron
deficiencies since then.

All that being said, everyone is going to do what feels best for them.

Trish