From:
"Day, Wally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:28:25 -0700
>  Besides, the protein is in the yolk.

Actually, most of the protein is in the white. Not sure where you got that. That's why you always read about bodybuilders who make an omelette with "10 eggs, throw out 8 yolks" or some such.

Most of the "good stuff" (nutritionally) in eggs is in the yolk. Yolks got a bad rep from the cholesterol scare.

> I don't understand dropping the protein powder.

I can tell you why in my case - I have *never* been able to find a protein powder that does not give me gas. I seriously believe it is because they are - by definition - overprocessed. I can drink milk and kefir or eat eggs, meat, yogurt with no ill effects, but give me a powdered protein drink and you won't want to hang around me for the rest of the evening :)

I had numerous arguments with a bodybuilder I worked with on the subject of protein powders. She would preach about how we should eat "natural" foods with the least amount of processing - while sipping her soy protein shake. She never saw the irony in that.