BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2008 07:13:56 -0500
Mike,
The competition for work looks very tight for the upcoming year.  I went to
a mandatory walk-thru for the Soldiers Monument at the top of East Rock:
eighteen bidders and that was the first of the two dates.  Last Friday, I
went to another walk thru for a building in Fair Haven (Bid Bond,
performance bond and $75k deposit required, 32 bidders.  Not to mention many
small sub.'s with only 5-10 years experience, cannot afford the insurance
premiums.  Unions holding their own at Yale, (Restoration Masons: $92/hr,
roofer: $78.)
My brother was down from Vermont and could not believe his eyes:  In the
field sixteen doe, with two four point buck, 19 turkeys and about 100 geese,
all side by side.  At dawn we had a pack of six, very healthy, coyote walk
twelve feet from the kitchen window.
All this, 6.6 miles from the New Haven Green.
Buck, Buck.
Leland