From:
Neil Timms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 2009 14:07:06 +0800
Making broth turns out to be easy: simmer bones (cooked leftovers or
raw) in water (enough cover the bones) for a while (4 hours to
forever) with a splash of vinegar and whatever herbs you fancy.

I put in half an onion, 3 chopped garlic gloves, and a few dried
herbs. All went into my slow cookery pot and I left it all day, adding
some fresh basil and rosemary half way through.

Broth contains nutrients not vitamin D, lots of calcium and minerals
that the weak acid (thanks to the vinegar) extracts from the bones.

The main thing is simmering the bones in the water splash of vinegar
solution: any herbs or veg  is a added extra and probably not
essential.

Cheers

Neil

--