BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 2009 12:47:42 -0500
On 12/11/2009 11:54 AM, John Leeke wrote:
> >>The downside of our business is seeing work that's been done left to
> decay.<<
John,

Real good points. Though I think in order for it to work there needs to
be the institutional memory... a place where that ticking away in the
subconscious can happen.
My experience in the NYC market is that no individual that was involved
in a project will still be involved a few years later.
And often on the 'contractors' end we never really know who is involved
in any sort of decision capacity in the background.
In that volatility it is difficult to maintain a relationship with a
building, let alone be able to re-visit w/ maintenance w/out having to
start an introduction all anew.

][<en