ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 22:40:58 -0700
     My youngest sister is 47 years old.  When our mother died a
year ago, she took it pretty hard.  In her grief, she even said
she wanted Mom to come back to her, if there was any way, just to
let her know she was all right.  Ruth has been a Christians since
she was little but the loss of our mother was a weight very heavy
for her to carry.

     Recently, while I was in the hospital with pneumonia and the
flue, Ruth was there one morning and told me this story.

     She said she had a dream one night.  She was over at our
older sister's home.  The phone rang and my oldest sister picked
it up.  It was Mom.  She talked for awhile and in the dream, Ruth
kept trying to get my older sister to let her talk to Mom.  Mom
told my oldest sister, in the dream, to tell Ruth she would get in
touch with her later.  The dream ended.

     Recently, Ruth told me, she and my oldest sister had gone
dress shopping.  When they exited the store, it was completely
dark and the parking lot wasn't all that well lighted.  They made
their way down the row of cars, found theirs, and went home.

     Some time after this real experience, Ruth had a dream which
unfolded exactly as the shopping trip she and my oldest sister had
been on days before.  They left the store and entered the darkness
of the night.  They walked down the row of cars and as they came
to their car, there was our mother.  She was standing and waiting
for them.  Mom had her leg removed due to poor circulation about a
week before she died.  The surgery proved to be too much for her
and she had a massive stroke and all communication with her was
lost.  In my sister's dream, there was Mom, standing by the car,
and standing on both legs.  Mom was dressed in a bright white
dress.  Ruth said, it was uncommonly white and actually seemed to
be self illuminating in the darkness.  Mom talked to her two
daughters for awhile and then said she had to leave.  She hugged
each of them.  Ruth told me that it was so real, she could feel
the warmth of Mom's body.  She also said she noticed her skin was
no longer wrinkled from age but felt smooth and youthful.  As she
told me this story in the hospital, she said she could still feel
the physical presence of our Mom as they hugged each other.

     I don't recommend going around looking for after death
experiences such as this because you could get yourself into
trouble if it happened to be an imposter.  In this case, however,
I believe it was real.  I believe the Lord allowed it for the
benefit of my sister.  I have no personal desire to have such an
experience but I sure am looking forward to seeing Mom once again
in that glorious place where everything is bright and shining.

Phil.

WWW.SafePlaceFellowship.COM