From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2008 06:36:28 -0700
Oh, what a sticky wicket this is. Michael, I'm concerned that PC-B has more
problems that just a bad driver. I think it was either coincidence or
something about adding the driver pushed the machine over the edge. You said
that you cannot boot the system with the CD now, even though you configured
the BIOS to do so.

What I need to know is what is the state of the machine now? If you turn it
on without the hard drive, can you still get into the BIOS? Do you even get
a post (which means see the boot screen, no multiple continuous beeps,
etc.).

One thing I might be concerned about, especially during this time of year,
is heat. Thoroughly clean the fan and heat-sink on the system, and then make
sure all of the power cords are securely plugged into the motherboard. If
you have a room that is well air conditioned, or at least has good a/c in
it, turn it up to high and make the room a refrigerator. Keep that machine
in there for at least a couple of hours, then attempt to boot it again.

Please get back on exactly what is happening when attempting to boot with no
hard drive. In fact, nothing should be plugged in except the keyboard,
memory, cpu, and video. Everything else needs to be disconnected.

Cheers!
Kyle Elmblade

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com