From:
Blake Hailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 May 2009 18:19:05 -0500
I finally solved the THF-6A programming problem. A Kenwood user recommended
the Keyspan USA-19HS cable.  I wrote to Kenwood and here is what they wrote
back.  I hope this information will help others of you.
73 Blake KA5POW

PC Settings:

1. Click on Start
2. Click on Settings
3. Click on Control Panel
4. Click on Systems
5. Click on Hardware
6. Click on Device Manager
7. Click on Ports (Com & LPT)
8. Click on Communications Port (Com 1)
9. Click on Port Settings

Now set as follows:

Bits Per Second:    9600

Data Bits:   8

Parity:   NONE

Stop Bits:   1

Flow Control:   Xon/Xoff

The information below may help aid with USB pc programmable.

Presently Kenwood only supports com ports for any pc memory programming.

All of our current radios have memory control software. They are able to be
programmed via the COM port 1 or 2. Most of the newer computers have USB
ports. Information from end users inform us that COM to USB adapters are
available through computer stores, but they have also mentioned that you
need the proper driver, and adjustments to your pc to make this happen.
Kenwood is unable to assist with any computer program issues.

This information was provided to Kenwood USA from a Kenwood end user.
Kenwood has not tested or used any of Keyspan's products so we can not
guarantee them.
This information was provided to Kenwood USA from a Kenwood end user.
Kenwood has not tested or used any of Keyspan's products so we can not
guarantee them.

Keyspan makes some USB to Serial Adapters and you may view the information
on this web page.
A Kenwood End User is using a Keyspan  USA-19HS MSRP is $39, and mentioned
that it works well.
The website is http://www.keyspan.com/
http://www.keyspan.com/products/homepage.2.productList.Serial.spml
* fax: 773-869-1329
Monday through Friday -
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM (CST)
* telephone (tech support): 773-869-1234 Monday through Friday - 8:00 AM -
6:00 PM (CST)