From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 2009 12:15:40 -0400
Well, there are advantages to both, the interfaces that plug in to the back
of the radio, can get the voice in, some pins are setup for that, but the
problem is, while you're doing that, the mic is hot so it will probably pick
up sound form in the room, I know some radios do that, most in fact I don't
know which ones specifically, so you have to either unplug the mic, make
sure it's a dead silent room, or hook up to the front mic jack like the rig
blaster does. that's something to think about for sure, beyond that, any of
them will do what you want, it's just a case of figuring out what other
features you want and what you want to spend and I'd look at reviews. some
of them are real RF prone, that's why I stick with the rigblaster series, I
have yet to see a problem with them.