From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 07:03:11 -0400
Amen, Brother.  I have a Kenwood 440 here and also an 830.  Both old radios.
Everything you say about the 830 Lou is true.  Great sounding rx but
compared to the convenience and  ease of operation of the 440, it's a
no-brainer.  I have a friend who is always bugging me to put the 830 on the
air during our skeds but, as much as I like that rig, I always gravitate to
the 440.  I'd have something newer if i could aford it.  Lou, WA3MIX