From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 2009 12:45:50 -0400
There are 2 separate transmitters: The main does HF,  6 meters, 2 meters,
and 440 MHZ all modes.  The sub will TX on 2 meters and 440 in AM or FM
only.  The sub also has  some extended rx coverage.

You only need an interface if you want to operate digital modes, to get the
rx and tx  audio back and forth between the sound card and rig.  Just a
serial connection between radio and pc will allow  you to mess with memories
and menus  with control software such as  Ham Radio Deluxe, MCP-2000,
ARCP-2000, TRX Manager, etc.  This serial connection will also allow logging
software to grab freq and mode  from the radio  automatically as you log
contacts.

73, Steve KW3A