From:
Martin McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:47:21 -0500
David W Wood writes:
> Here in the U.K. daylight saving is not until 29th March!

	Yes. We leapfrogged the UK. When we first started DST
nationally in 1967, it was the last Sunday in April. There were
a few tweaks to the system during the seventies and then we had
about 20 years of going on DST the first Sunday in April until
we changed again a couple of years ago. I wish we made the
switch the same time the UK and the EU do because it actually
does make a bit of a difference.

	I listen to the 5:45 "News Beat" program from Radio1 on
the BBC at work. I have my computer get it automatically so I
must remember to change the time on the cron job for the
difference between the start of our DST and British Summer Time.
I looked it up on the web to see when the UK gains an hour so I
have a job that runs on Monday March 30 to reset everything back
to normal.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer