From:
Kris Hickerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 2009 17:45:29 -0500
Hi All,

For those of you who saw Tom Behler's post from a few days ago regarding
weather spotting for the blind, I just wanted to encourage any one who has
an interest in this subject to contact Tom.

He and I have been communicating and we both have some meteorologist
contacts, who would be able to be of great assistance in organizing
something along these lines, but we need interested participants.  The
better our understanding of cloud formations, storm development and soforth,
the greater we can be of service to our communities, our families and
ourselves in understanding what is going on and what we can expect.

Please let Tom know if you are interested so that we can begin to put the
wheels in motion to make this information available by either detailed
descriptive information designed for the visually impaired or, even better
if possible, some tactile diagrams and representations of various types of
clouds and such.  I have always had an interest in weather and have attended
numerous spotter classes, but information designed specifically for my
benefit would be greatly appreciated.  I hope many of you feel the same way
and will let us know.

73
Kris