From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 2009 13:34:05 -0600
Maybe not, but he did set the 24 time zones, so why should we tamper with
them?  I heard that farmers objections are dwindling because most modern
farm equipment can safely be operated during the sunrise hours.  So if
farmers can operate their equipment practically in the dark, how is that
saving energy?  It may save some daylight at the end of the day, but as an
energy saver it's a hoax.  Year round daylight saving time was tried in 1974
and it failed miserably.  If we have to have it at all, let's have it only
during the Summer months when there truly is daylight to save.  And it is
not really being saved anyway, it is just being moved around.
Harvey