From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2009 14:44:34 -0600
Remember, Reverand White is a decorated war veteran, his views are
offensive, but he diserves to be respected for what he gave to the country.
What's amazing to me, is how every White I know is offended and angry and
astonished at what he says from his pulpet, and every African American I
have asked, is not at all surprized at that kind of speech coming out of a
pulpet.  That doesn't mean they agree with that view.  We are slowly
figuring out how to work together, but we have no idea how to pray or drink
together.  Until we can figure out drinking and praying, we will guarantee
the continuence of separate worlds.