From:
Walt Sebastian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2008 16:58:46 -0500
I goofed, I had intensions of sending this to the list.

Hi Barb and others,
I did listen to W1AW and it helped my sending.  I would match my code to the
code from W1AW and I had a number of contacts that thought I was using an
electronic keyer.  The problem came when I was away from my radio and came
back and did my best to make up for lost time.  I guess I have a glass wrist
and after a couple hours or so, my wrist would be aching.  I bought a Heath
keyer from a tech.  I knew the man who built it, he was very picky and I
practiced off the air.  My first contact with it was horrible.  I got used
to it and used it for a number of years until lightning got it.  I then got
a bencher and a baby MFJ, Econo keyer.

After I become a general, I got into NTS on phone.  I wanted to do CW
traffic and Dick Hill WA4PFK said he was the NCS on QFNS, Florida's slow
speed net that night and invited me to check in.  Well, the only thing I
knew about checking into a CW net was QNI and when I heard it, I did.  I sat
there a while and Dick called me and said QNX, hmmm, I had no idea what it
meant and I sent QNX? and Dick told me what it meant.  Within 3 weeks, I was
NCS on that net.

Walt
WA4QXT
New London CT