Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 2009 23:04:00 -0400
Hi List,

I have seen a number of people sending several test messages in the past few
days.  I wonder if those people are not seeing their messages.  If this is
so I bet it is because they are using GMail.  GMail is a fine server, but it
has one problem.  Since it is a secure client and since there are things
about it too complex to get into that are related to that factor, if you are
mailing to a public list, you do not see your own messages on that list.
There is a work around to this issue whereby you can indeed see your own
messages.  You must place the statement recent: in front of your
user name under the accounts and servers page.  The actual path to this
field varies from mail client to mail client.  In outlook Express, you press
alt + T for tools followed by A for accounts.  Then you select your GMail
account and press alt + P for properties.  You then press control + Tab to
move to the servers tab.  You then tab 3 times to the account field.  With
GMail, the account is your full e-mail address for example
[log in to unmask]  to allow your messages to show up on public list,
this field should show as:

recent:[log in to unmask]

Note that there is no space between the recent: and the rest of the field.

I hope this helps anyone who may be wondering why their GMail messages are
not showing up on the list.

"every time I say something they find hard to hear
they chalk it up to my anger
and never to their own fear"
Ani Difranco: I'm Not A Pretty Girl 1995