BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 21:40:57 -0500
Our new convention center has the LED display to beat all: The Shimmer Wall.

Here's a cheezy daytime video that gives a sense of the motion:

<http://videos.newsobserver.com/?a=player&id=1991163>

Here are some night-time stills that show the LEDs lit.

<http://raleighskyline.com/content/2008/09/04/shimmer-wall-lighting-ceremony/>

Here's a grainy TV news report on the unveiling that shows some motion. The programming of the transitions is a little bit over the top given it's the lighting ceremony; instead of gracefulness they programmed razzle dazzle.

<http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/3487627/>

Dan

Dan Becker, Division Manager
City & Regional Planning Division