From:
Shirley Braden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shirley Braden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2009 23:51:07 -0500

Hi all,

Our support group had a very informative telecon session with Tricia
Thompson, The Gluten-Free Dietician, at our January meeting. Tricia had
offered this free service to us quite some time ago and finally our
schedules agreed. She opened her presentation with a brief overview of her
thoughts on the gluten-free diet based on studies, including ones she has
participated in with other medical professionals (e.g., the study on the
presence of gluten in oats that is often cited). She went on to make
recommendations on how one can ensure adequate nutrition on the
gluten-free diet. Then she opened the floor to questions. Tricia had also
provided two handouts via email in advance of the meeting. Our telecon
lasted for about an hour and everyone was really pleased with the session. A
good number of folks in our group asked questions and Tricia was very open
and knowledgeable on all the topics covered. Everyone felt it was time well
spent and we are so grateful to Tricia for providing this free service! All
you really need to participate is a speaker phone. Just wanted to share
this great experience with all of you!
If you are interested in scheduling such a session for your support group,
please contact Tricia. Contact and other info for Tricia is below:

Tricia Thompson, MS, RD
The Gluten-Free Dietitian
Author: *The Gluten-Free Nutrition Guide*
Co-author: *The Complete Idiot's Guide to Gluten-Free Eating*
Manchester, Massachusetts
www.glutenfreedietitian.com<http://mail.nni.com/Redirect/www.glutenfreedietitian.com/>

Best to all,
Shirley Braden
King George Celiac and Gluten Intolerance Group
http://glutenfreeeasily.com
email: [log in to unmask]