From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2009 12:25:34 -0500
Everything you sign up for, email lists, online stores, it all gets you
spam. Some more than others, but I find yahoo was far from the worst when I
got spam and the longer you have an email address, the worse it will be.
Some companies say they don't sell your email address or anything like that,
I have news for you, they do and you can't prove it and they know it. Fact
is, short of changing email addresses every couple years, or having a great
spam filter, there's nothing you can do about it. I've only had verizon now
for 6 or 7 months and I'm not seeing it on that account yet so either
they're good or it hasn't been long enough, the gmail account is about 2
years old now so for some reason their filtering must be good though I never
used that address for anything until July of 2008 so that is probably a
better explanation. At any rate, there's no way to tell where most of your
spam comes from, and not much you can do about it either if you're attached
to that email address.