Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2008 09:58:51 -0500
Hi Kevin,

I do have one, but  haven't used it much as always seems to be something
more important.

There is a line that can be placed into the JAWS config file  when using 2
sound cards, that will direct JAWS to  start on whatever card you tell it
to.

I never did this and don't have  the info handy, but perhaps one of the JAWS
gurus on the list can help.

Otherwise:  Boot the  pc with the SL connected.  Go to control panel/sounds
and under one of the tabs select your on board sound card as the default
playback device. Apply or ok.   You may lose JAWS  at this point for some
reason.  Reboot and all should be well.    This is what worked for me.
You will also have to tell  the various programs that you use which of the 2
sound cards you want to work on that  program.

Hope this helps.  73, Steve KW3A