BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
JIM HICKS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:33:23 -0500
Well, G.O. I wonder then just how you account for our society's
transformation into the needy little consumers we have become.
Also I wouldn't equate free will with choosing Jung or Reich over Freud.
How were we convinced we needed any of them? That would be an interesting
story.
According to Gurdjieff we have no will free or otherwise which, although I
no longer participate, do subscribe to. Very much like his idea that we have
no soul except one that is earned and developed.
We need a salon on a regular basis to bat these ideas around.
In 'A Good Talk' by Daniel Menaker, he talks about around the 1600s there
were coffee shops where for a penny you could join in conversation read
newspapers & periodicals and of course drink coffee. The link below is Rae's
review.
http://www.heraldnews.com/lifestyle/x979447666/Book-Notes-Breaking-down-a-co
nversation-in-A-Good-Talk

--