ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Jeremy Gilley <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Aug 2008 20:02:30 -0400
Hello one and all,
Long time no hear!
I am sorry I have not sent a email lately, but needless to say before my
email account got deleted I was reading your emails.
Before everything went crazy, and I and jen moving to our new condo, I was
asked to send an  email about my experience with getting stabbed, and how i
delt with it.
No, this is not that email, but to let you know that I will be writing that
soohn.
Please give me some time to think about it and place it into words so that I
can share that experience in a way that it needs to be done.
Secondly, I have a personal request I need to ask of the list.
I am struggling with an addiction, and before your minds go there, it is not
dealing with smoking, drinking, drugs, or any crazy thing like that.
My addiction has to do with playing online text based MUDS or multy user
domain games.
These are usually like dungins and dragon type games.  I don't believe in
that being real life, but it is time passing for me and it relaxes me.
So, you ask ok, if it relaxes you, and you don't find the content to destroy
your moral obligation or vertues, then why are you finding this an
addiction? Here is the problem.
Over the past few weeks, I have had it laid on my heart that I need to study
some biblical lessons, and I am not sure if you have heard of this place
called grace notes.
It is a place where they can email you biblical bible studies and that would
allow you to get your pastoral ship, or a certificate to that degree.
You do get tested over the things you are asked to read, so on and so
fourth.
I have been ignorting this feeling due to coming home after a long day at
work, and just wanting to do nata,nothing, my time, bla, bla, bla!
I have even told jen that I wanted to start this, and admited to her that I
have this gaming problem.
I am finding out that maybe GOD wants me to start studdying these corses
since it wont leave my mind.
So, you see where my problem lays?
So, I ask you this, please pray for me to kick this habbit, to place GOD
where he needs to be in my life, I have slacked  off lately since the move,
and I feel bad about it all, and can't seam to get back into the groove I
was in before we moved.
I know, and understand that GOD neeeds to be the forrunner in my life, and
giving him back control of my life is tough.
Please pray for me, all prayers would be greatful, and I will keep you
posted on how my studdies are coming...
First, I need to make that first step in opening those studies back up.
I hope this email isn't to long, but I needed to let you know I have not
forgotten your request, and I need to make one of my own.

Until Next time,
Your brother in Christ,
Jeremy.