From:
Laura Polanski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Polanski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:05:10 -0500

This is the recipe that uses almond powder.  The general consensus, from list members, is that almond powder is pretty much the same as almond flour.  I think I will pulse the flour in the food processor for a second or 2 to make it a little finer.

4 eggs
1/3 lb (5.29 oz) granulated sugar
1/3 lb (5.29 oz) baking chocolate-the higher the cocoa content the better  ( You can use 1 1/2 --3.53 oz Dove Dark Chocolate Large Bars)
1/3 lb (5.29 oz) almond powder

1. separate the yolks from the whites--save the whites
2. beat the sugar and yolks with a fork or electric mixer until very pale yellow, almost white
3. melt the chocolate and beat in the egg/sugar mixture when the chocolate is still liquid, but not too hot so it doesn't cook the yolks.
4. add the almond powder and mix on low
5. in another bowl beat the egg whites until soft peaks--fold carefully into the chocolate mixture
6. grease a 9 inch round baking pan ( with margarine) Bake for 35-40 min. at 350 or until a skewer comes out clean

a friend found this recipe for me on www.brightideas.com.  I haven't tried it yet.

Laura  in PA